Reddress Girl

Reddress Girl

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Hotels, Hostels, Guesthouse, or... Dorm!

It all depends on your willingness to pay.

Until my (almost) twenty five years polluting the earth thru my travelling experience, I have stayed in :

Backpacker house / dormitory type of guesthouse back in my early twenties. With only a little amount of money. Only chose this type if you were young, and wild, and free. Because once you get older and feels like not talking to anyone, this one is a terrible choice. Really.

What? Do you think you can afford stranger whom talk to you all day about how lovely your country is, beside your bed? Then go ahead. Only youth blood can deal with that. They're excited to seek it, though. (And by youth, I don't mean age).

My experience with backpacker houses are in overseas. I don't have any experience with the houses here in Indonesia. And in Vietnam, oh.. I'll never forget the experience of sleeping in a spaceship capsule. Lol. That one was awesome! You should try!

If you are a backpacker, sure you'll need this. It provides a whole information you need, a friends you wish to meet during the journey, and so on. And if you're just a light traveler, you can try to stay at

Hostels. I only chose hostels when I need to pay less than hotel but couldn't afford the stranger talk as I mentioned before. One of those was in Semarang, which.. surprisingly ridiculous. In this november, that experience will be two years gone. Ah..

Hostels provide you a cheaper, but there's no guarantee of comfort in there. Different with backpacker house where you have no expectation of comfort before so you don't deal with any disappointment, right?

My semarang hostel located on the third floor of indomaret, anyway. I was with a big suitcase, (because i only have two days of holidays before my meeting in Kalimantan. I requested the flight from semarang so..) And struggled thru the stairs. It was the small stairs fit for one man only. And the room? They don't even provide blanket. I didn't take my scarf because I know it was just a meetings that I'll sleep in hotels anyway. Didn't see this coming. So i sleep with mukena. Like a dead man. Haha

And by now.. My suggestion is, it's okay to spend a little more expensive price while traveling and have all comfort you need. Usually, the Hotels and hostels price gap are not much. Considering the guarantee of nice location, access, tools they provide, (not to mention the take-away sandals and shower cap! Lol. I never missed them both. Even until am a rich woman, tho. Haha).

I'll prefer budget hotel for a short quick trip. They are easier to access. Of all the budget hotels i've tried, there is one that I admire so much.

It provides best wifi access, and it's pink! Haha now you name it.

Yeah..

Somehow...

I think when I grow older again, later on the day.. I'll do more local. For now, due to priority, i'll chose the most assuring once. Umur segini mah butuhnya yang pasti. Bukan janji.

I've search several hotels in different location and some of them provides a luxury of local taste with lower price than budget hotel's mother. Iykwim. Lol

***

After all..

Hotels always sadden me.
It makes me feel.. Alone.
I don't like hotels when travel alone.
I'd rather backpacker house.
But with a capsule.
I need that capsule right now.
With the moon and the stars at the top of my head.
And saturn..
And venus..
The constellation on my head.
Tv on my side. Even if I hate tv. It feels good to have a company.
Am in one of my hotel i fan the most.
And babay.
I'll enjoy while it last.
The luxury of no need to close the bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dies Natalis PSB 2013