Reddress Girl

Reddress Girl

Sunday 16 February 2014

Asean traveller challenge 7

As I told you before that I'm not a morning person, so today I missed the sunrise. some other blogs doesn't really recomended sunrise in angkor wat because it way too crowded and sometimes the weather is not good enough so that instead of sunrise all you can see is just white cloud.
and it happened today. as I woke up at 5, (pray in dawn and took some sight through the window, the sun has rising yet so I got back to sleep and just wake up at 7). and the sun is really rising just at 10 am in the morning, and I has already in angkor wat.

The famous magnificent temple, Angkor Wat! I can't believe I did this. at first I thought that it's best to visit the angkor wat temple by bike. as I came for just one day trip, so I want like diving in the temple as it's gorgeous stories I have ever read.
somehow it's not really that worthy.

rent a bike for a day is just $2 in my guesthouse,
and rent a tuktuk is about $15 a day. and the tuktuk driver has already know where to take you temple by temple.

I choose for rent a tuktuk. share with my friends and it's become $7,5 each. the tuktuk is fit for four so the more people the better.

driving to angkor wat is so many kids and tourists cycling all along the road. so nice to see, because in my country cycling won't become that populer among children except for the fathers and the most expensive bike.

the ticket is true $20 for one day trip and $40 for three days trip. but for girl like me, visiting angkor wat, angkor Thom, and any other temple for one day is just enough. especially if you come from Indonesia and have no much knowledge about the temple, culture, architecture, you just saw a pile of stone. rent for the guide it is $20 a day and it's usefull for you to generate the knowledge about the Khmer.

after 2 hours inside the temple i get little bored. a group of korean and japanese are so many so I can hear a korean and japanese language like in every corner.
I thought I can dive in the temple for one day, but  I give up in 2,5 hours.

leaving angkor wat, we see angkor thom which is the temple with big faces. I have no idea how they made the faces from those stone.

about 3 pm we leave the cultural heritage and grab for some ticket to Phnom Penh.
be careful to where you buy the ticket. not all cambodian are honest because once we stopped at the travel agent that is quite big and clean and has a comfortable office, and it cost us like twice higher. sure you should do some research for the price before book. we already know that mekong eksprees bus (which is recomended) is just $12 and they gave us $25. paramount bus which is $7 they gave $13.

as we leave and try the agent near our hostel it cost $13 for mekong ekspress and sure we took it.

then I should be in siem reap night market which has better price from night market in phnom penh, but incident happen. the heaviest, and maybe the toughest for this seven days trip. my card is rejected. it require format card before I even copy any of the picture. It just happening so sudden and I thought it's my first miserable accident in this trip. but I should be happy, right. no tease, no cry. just stay strong.

while i remember when in the temple I thought this will be my firs and last to visit the temple. since the card has gone with hundreds picture inside, I'm now considering of doing this trip again in another day. with my boyfriend maybe. just wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dies Natalis PSB 2013