Reddress Girl

Reddress Girl

Sunday 16 February 2014

Asean traveller challenge 8

there will always be a shine after rain. that's what I met today. after some people, some moments, some prices, some roomates, now I found my best. I guess it really nice for me now because I just arrive at Phnom Penh and got a lot of happiness after those sorrow i got in Siem reap.

God has never asleep. He always know when to teach and when to grant you some prize. and here's my story now.

leave siem reap about 10 pm in the morning. I woke up early, find my self take a walk into the central city just to find something to eat. you know, I was in a big pain last night. can't sleep just want to cry but I didn't. make head like a bomb that can be explode in a minute but it doesn't. so I just screaming inside my head, and in a minute I lower the room's temperature so it doesn't too cold. than I aslept.

I was wondering to have some sweet porridge, like green beans or something but Cambodian like never have it. they just have some weird porridge, it's not an overcooked rice but a rice that dive in a soup. so it's quite soft but not really soft. added with fish, the taste is not bad. I add a bread too, just like the cambodians around me do. and the bread is sweet it's really good taste of bread I have ever taste all along this trip.

7 hours in the dusty road to Phnom Penh. even my bus (that's quite cold before) become not so cold and become a little bit dusty while in the outside there just like stormy dust. red dust, hot weather, red trees, it is amazingly like in an eastern of Indonesia.

after those seven hours, with $13 bus (mekong express) from siem reap to phnom penh, we made it into the phnom penh bus station. quite far from our guesthouse so we rent a tuktuk for $3.

Then I met my old friends. again. she's study in cambodia, exchange program and we met in the riverside under the Indonesian flag red and white. I made it with motorbike and he beg me for 2000 riel but I gave him $1 because I was just quite long and got the wrong way. so it's okay.

we have our early dinner in Halo Bali, Indonesian halal food. and the owner is really nice. he advice us to never let our stuffs hanging because the pickpocket like in everywhere. cambodia is not safe he said. a little talk with a hot chicken soup I made my stomach well. after those hard days eating like don't know what to eat. and they got a really nice price too. my chicken soup with a lot of chicken, potatoes, beans, and carrots are just 7000 riel and free non sugar hot tea. truly Indonesian. you should try sometimes. it's extremely in front of the riverside.

and my roomates. there are Thom from liverpool england, and mark from germany and timo from china. those are the man and really nice. I have a quite nice long talk with mark and what make me happy is I can understand him well. and I can speak english like really well without umm or eehh.. but I don't know why, like just come out from my mouth. and he said I should try to study overseas because I have a really good english so I can have a chance. I said I'd love too, besides I dream about travelling around the europe. You know what? from now on, I will do my best to make it's true and when God decide it to be, there would be nothing to make it wouldn't be. have a good night. I will have some sleep and have another morning to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dies Natalis PSB 2013